Prologue™ Credit Loss Manager from Fiserv provides an estimate of expected credit losses based on relevant internal and external information. An estimate includes all contractual cash flows expected to go uncollected or a commitment to extend credit.
Prologue Credit Loss Manager enables institutions to meet the Financial Accounting Standards Board's credit loss Accounting Standards Update (ASU), which requires more timely records of credit losses. The solution provides clients with an understanding of the broad range of information required to measure credit losses to include "reasonable and supportable" forecasts that affect expected collections (principal or payments) on financial instruments under current expected credit loss (CECL).
Prologue Credit Loss Manager allows consideration of any reasonable approach that reflects the possibility of a credit loss.
Hear Tom Caragher, senior product manager, Risk and Performance, Fiserv, walk through everything banks need to know about CECL, including which records to pull and which staff members to recruit to find to present first-rate data, in this BAI Banking Strategies Podcast.
Choose Prologue Credit Loss Manager to:
- Create and validate methodologies prior to standards implementation
- Collect a vast array of historical data
- Pool capabilities to allow for tracking at more detailed levels to improve performance
- Use different methodologies for different pools
- Calculate historic loss rate at pool level and the projected ALLL at the pool and aggregate levels