Redstone Federal Credit Union developed the Electronic Lobby Manager Operations (ELMO) DNAapp™ to help manage lobby resources at its branch locations, reduce member wait times and improve the member experience.
With more than $3.8 billion in assets, Redstone Federal Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in Alabama/Tennessee and one of the 25 largest federal credit unions in the nation by assets. Based in Huntsville, AL Redstone Federal Credit Union serves nearly 385,000 members.
Chartered on November 28, 1951, Redstone Federal Credit Union has proudly served its members in the Tennessee Valley area for 62 years and has 25 branches across North Alabama and Tennessee.
Redstone Federal Credit Union wanted to better understand member and employee activities in the credit union's branch lobbies, including the reasons for and duration of member visits, and identify cross-sell opportunities.
The credit union developed the ELMO application to integrate with DNA to offer a more efficient solution for managing lobby resources and improving member service.
- The ELMO DNAapp has reduced wait times from 20 minutes to five minutes on average
- Since inception, approximately 329,000 visits have been logged using ELMO, resulting in 82,250 hours of wait-time reduction to Redstone members
- ELMO has enabled Redstone to serve members more effectively and efficiently, allowing for more cross-sell opportunities
- By tracking visits and reasons for visits, ELMO provides valuable data the credit union can use to monitor branch activity, wait times, utilization and member needs
- Redstone Federal Credit Union won the Most Innovative Digital Customer Service Enhancement award at the first annual Financial Servers Cool Business Awards from Gartner