Being able to instantly issue debit cards in your branch creates a positive experience for accountholders, saving time and the wait for cards to be delivered in the mail.
The card marketplace is changing, and Instant Issuance Advantage continues to gain popularity. Several factors are fueling this trend: the desire for an enhanced accountholder experience, migration to EMV, the opportunity for incremental revenue, and a seamless card program management strategy featuring a mix of central and instant issuance. As a result, it's important for financial institutions to consider the market drivers and thoroughly compare the available solutions.
Effectiveness of Instant Issuance
When evaluating the effectiveness of instant issuance, financial institutions are typically focusing on increased revenue opportunities and creating a positive accountholder experience, such as:
- Attracting new accountholders and retaining existing accountholders
- Educating consumers about EMV chip cards and how to use them
- Increasing activation rates
- Increasing card usage
- Gaining loyalty and top of wallet
- Cross-selling other products and services
- Reissuing cards after data breach