The 2013 Fiserv Consumer Trends Survey captured adoption and usage trends for online, mobile and tablet banking, including an examination of how transactions are conducted in these channels.
Conducted regularly since 2002, the survey provides ongoing insight into shifting consumer financial behaviors and trends. Key findings include:
- Mobile and tablet banking grew significantly in 2013, paralleling growth in device ownership
- Mobile banking use skews to Gen Y and Gen X, while tablet banking use is spread more evenly across generations
- Consumers rely on digital channels for access to realtime account information, and to conduct transactions
- Online remains the dominant digital banking channel in terms of overall usage and transactions
- Bill payment remains a digital staple, and usage correlates with deeper overall customer relationships, higher satisfaction and increased customer loyalty