Central Source Capture™ from Fiserv replaces your legacy paper-based check processing system with a fully image-enabled, multi-channel solution to reduce your item processing costs.
Due to the continued decline in check volumes, traditional check processing systems have become too costly and complex for large financial institutions to maintain. The gradual migration to electronic payments has resulted in rising per-item costs for processing paper checks at your central site. And while remote deposit capture technology has reduced check transportation costs, financial institutions are still challenged with high fixed costs associated with aging, centralized check processing systems.
With Central Source Capture – a web-based, end-to-end check imaging capture and processing solution – your financial institution can migrate to a more cost effective, common architecture solution that meets the requirements of all check presentment channels and replaces legacy paper based check processing systems such as CPCS. Scalable for all processing volumes, Central Source Capture captures check images and data and routes each item for posting or distribution based on rules established by your institution.
Key benefits of Central Source Capture:
- Minimizes item processing costs
- Provides a migration path from costly, outdated legacy systems to nimble, web-based solution
- Reduces or eliminates technical support resources
- Allows for extended deposit windows
- Provides enterprise-wide duplicate detection
- Enables images to be sent to any archive
- Provides a robust platform for distributed and central sorter check capture
- Offers exception handling and workload monitoring
- Has a common architecture for all check capture and processing operations
- Seamlessly integrates with your core processing system
- Includes outbound cash letter creation and interfaces to common image exchange networks
- Works with other Source Capture Solutions® from Fiserv for consumer, mobile, ATM, merchant, teller and branch remote deposit capture