Enable your cardholders to fight debit and credit card fraud with customized real-time alerts. CardValet® from Fiserv lets consumers set preferences and alerts so they can quickly detect – and takes steps to prevent – fraudulent activity.
CardValet is available as:
- A standalone app that can be branded by your financial institution. Branding enables you to customize CardValet to create stronger connections with your cardholders. You may name the app or create your own icon; additional options are available to make the app your own
- A branded app that can be integrated via single sign-on with your mobile banking platform
- An application programming interface (API) you can use to create your own client experiences (debit only)
Whichever configuration you choose, CardValet complements your mobile banking strategy by enabling your cardholders to conduct card-related mobile transactions wherever they are, any time of day.
CardValet sends real-time alerts for PIN and signature transactions performed with debit and credit cards, enabling cardholders to manage, track and report specific types of usage and quickly detect unauthorized activity. Cardholders can customize their experiences by setting alert and control preferences using a variety of options to customize their experiences.
CardValet is available in the Apple® and Android™ app stores and is quick to implement. Cardholders easily learn to navigate through the CardValet setup to define customized alerts and controls.
- Location-based alerts and controls: Location controls restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of each cardholder's location (using the phone's GPS); transactions requested outside of the specified range can be declined
- Usage alerts and controls: Users can establish spending limits to allow transactions up to a certain dollar value and decline transactions when amounts exceed pre-defined thresholds
- Merchant alerts and controls: Transactions can be monitored or controlled for specific purchases such as gas, hotel, travel, restaurants and groceries. Transactions can also be monitored and controlled for specific transaction categories like in-store purchases, e-commerce transactions, mail/phone orders and ATM transactions
- On/off setting: This control can disable a lost or stolen card. When the card is "on," transactions are allowed in accordance with each cardholder's usage control settings. When the card is "off," no purchases or withdrawals are approved until the card is turned back "on"