CardValet® from Fiserv is a card management and fraud mitigation tool that enables cardholders to control when, where and how their debit and credit cards are used.
CardValet from Fiserv is ideal for your cardholders who want to proactively manage their debit and credit card accounts anytime, anywhere through their smart phones. The financial management capabilities of CardValet enable cardholders to:
- Monitor and control card transactions
- Manage and review card usage for their dependents
- Enforce spending policy compliance for transactions on business cards
Getting started is easy. Your cardholders simply download the CardValet app to their mobile devices then customize usage settings and alert preferences.
Financial institutions can customize CardValet to carry their brands and create deeper connections with cardholders. Fiserv also provides a suite of electronic cardholder marketing materials to assist you in promoting CardValet to cardholders.
CardValet can be implemented quickly and with minimal effort. The application is supported on Apple® iOS® and GoogleTM AndroidTM-based devices and can be downloaded by cardholders from the Apple and Android app stores. Cardholders easily learn to navigate through the CardValet set-up to define customized controls and alerts.
CardValet can report or restrict PIN and signature transactions performed by debit and credit cards, enabling cardholders to manage, track and report specific types of transactions and quickly detect unauthorized activity. Cardholders can customize their experiences by choosing from a variety of options.
- Card usage controls: Spending limits can be established to allow transactions up to a certain dollar value and decline transactions when amounts exceed pre-defined thresholds. Transactions can also be monitored or controlled for specific merchant categories such as gas, hotel, travel, restaurants, groceries or electronic stores
- Card on/off setting: When the card is "on," transactions are allowed in accordance with each cardholder's usage control settings. When the card is "off," no purchases or withdrawals are approved until the card is turned back "on." This control can be used to disable a lost or stolen card
- Location-based controls: The My Location control can restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of each cardholder's location (using the phone's GPS); transactions requested outside of the specified range can be declined
- Interactive alerts: CardValet can send a real-time alert when a card is used, when a transaction is approved and exceeds any of the permitted use policies, or when a card transaction has been attempted but is declined
- Financial features: CardValet also enables cardholders to conduct limited card-related transactions wherever they are, any time of the day, including balance inquiries and locating ATMs