What You Need to Know Now: EMV Resources from Fiserv
Card issuers and merchants are just weeks away from a significant deadline tied to the U.S. market's migration to chip-based cards using EMV™ specifications. On October 1, card-present fraud liability will shift to the party in a transaction – either the issuing financial institution or the merchant – that has not adopted EMV technology.
For some time now, Fiserv has been tracking EMV progress outside of the U.S., participating in industry payments and standards organizations, developing chip card solutions and sharing their insights and recommendations with clients. Here are our most popular and most recent resources regarding EMV from Fiserv:
- The EMV Countdown: What You Need to Do Now video
- Enabling the Path Forward With EMV white paper
- Navigating the EMV Evolution: Financial Institutions Seek Expertise and Guidance point of view paper
- Protect Your Cardholders, Institutions With EMV Technology informational website
- Enhanced Security Chip Cards how-to video for cardholders